Sunday, April 11, 2010

i saw god cry




How cruel is the golden rule?When the lives we lived are only golden-platedAnd I knew that the lights of the city were too heavy for meAnd though I carry karats for everyone to seeAnd I saw God cry in the reflection of my enemiesAnd all the lovers with no time for meAnd all of the mothers raised their babiesTo stay away from meTongues on the sockets of electric dreamsWhere the sewage of youth drown the spark of my tearsAnd I knew that the lights of the city were too heavy for me (too heavy for me)And though I carry karats for everyone to see (everyone to see)And I saw God cry in the reflection of my enemiesAnd all the lovers with no time for meAnd all of the mothers raised their babiesTo stay away from meAnd pray they don't grow up to be me

No comments:

Post a Comment